What is an affiliate partnership?
An affiliate partnership means a few things. They are listed below in no particular order.
- Affiliate partnerships are subject to monetization review from YouTube. This means that as soon as a video goes live it could take up to 72 hours for the video to be monetized.
- Channel’s with affiliate partnerships are subject to content ID sweeps from YouTube’s copyright content ID systems meaning it is possible for them to get an unjust copyright claim.
- Networks are not held responsible if an affiliate channel gets a copyright strike from a company.
What is a managed partnership?
A managed partnership has a few more benefits than an affiliate partnership with more liability held by the network. Exactly what a managed partner gets is listed below.
- Managed partnerships ARE NOT subject to monetization review meaning that as soon as videos go live, they are monetized.
- Managed channels are not subject to content ID sweeps meaning that they cannot get hit with false or undeserving copyright claims. All claims on managed channels must be done by a human working for the company making the claim.
- Networks are held responsible if a managed channel gets a copyright strike. The network could get fined, or at worst, lose the entire network all together. Thus, managed partnerships are very exclusive.